Pages

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

I miss my friend

A dear friend of mine passed away earlier this month. I think it's the first time in my life that I have had a friend that has died and I feel as though I am struggling with a large combination of feelings and emotions.

Even though we rarely saw each other I felt as though we had a close bond. We forged our bond while working at a company that elicited a lot of stress and emotional baggage. We stayed in touch over the years and across the many miles that separated us. We emailed, exchanged postcards, called each other and visited when we were in the same city.

A year ago we exchanged a music list as a Christmas gift. We emailed each other our favourite music, a YouTube link and a brief description as to why we loved that song. Any time we exchanged anything creative related I always felt like the student learning from the teacher. She was so naturally talented, had a keen desire to learn and great taste. She loved the odd, eclectic, quality, vintage, interesting and peculiar. She always had something new and interesting to share. From her I learned about StumbleUpon, Illustration Friday, The Sketchbook Project, Giclee, and much more.

I've been thinking quite a bit about how I can honour her life. We were each others biggest cheerleaders when it came to our art and design. When either one would get down on our talent we'd reassure each other and offer any tips and tricks we could. The best thing she taught me was to be supportive of others in the art and design world and so that is what I will do to honour and remember her.

I miss you, sweet friend.



.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Jeannine, you must mean Karin. I visited her Flickr page when you linked to it. Very cool stuff. That's so awful; I'm so, so sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Jeannine, you must mean Karin. I visited her Flickr page when you linked to it. Very cool stuff. That's so awful; I'm so, so sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...