Pages

Friday, February 4, 2011

Friday Love: Gray Sweaters

If my love for gray sweaters were a marriage it would be a very long and passionate one. I have been married to (read: obsessed with or hoarding) gray sweaters for as long as I can remember. It may be a little boring, predictable and safe but it is the perfect middle road for me.

Oh gray sweaters, how I love thee! Allow me to explain the ways.

- I can wear them with almost any other colour and it will match.
- The colour is never out of style like the magenta and royal blue items that are languishing in my closet.
- If I were to buy white it would be stained in a millisecond, I'm just that clumsy.
- After a couple of washes black sweaters are never the intense black they used to be and then I just end up looking sloppy.



From left to right.
Top: Generra via Bluefly, linQ via Bluefly, Topshop
Middle: Forever21
Bottom: Tilly Boutique, Moschino via Bluefly, From Italy with Love via Bluefly, Forever21


.

8 comments:

  1. I love the gray sweater too!
    I currently have a favourite cozy long belted one, that I'm over-wearing but lovelovelove. Gray is a wonderful neutral.
    I don't have enough gray sweaters in my life... but I do have a gray hoodie, 2 gray Tshirts & a gray sweatshirt ... next up is a gray dress, gray skirt, gray jeans ... you get the idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Caren! My stock of gray sweaters is depleting (!!) due to the dryer (shrinkage) and over-wear/wear-out. I see a stock up in my future... I also have grey tights I love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite new clothing items is a gray wool sweater! I view gray as a neutral that can be worn with anything and everything!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so true, Almost Monday. Although someone once told me you can't wear brown and gray together. I disagree.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm the same way. I can't live without my gray. I have LOTS of pets, with both black and white fur, so gray is my safest color. I love black and white, but they are so hard to keep pristine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes SaraLynn! Gray sweaters are a perfect blend of fashion and utility.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm the same way. I can't live without my gray. I have LOTS of pets, with both black and white fur, so gray is my safest color. I love black and white, but they are so hard to keep pristine!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My favorite new clothing items is a gray wool sweater! I view gray as a neutral that can be worn with anything and everything!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...