Pages

Friday, February 25, 2011

Friday Love: Rediscovering Photography

I take a lot of photos of my kids. Actually, no, more like a MOTHER LOAD of pictures of my kids. My reasoning, if I need any, is that they are adorable, only this young and cute once and I want to preserve these moments. Now that these little stinkers are taking up loads and loads of memory card space I find myself ignoring other photography. One of my 'to-dos' is to take my camera with me on walks or just take a few minutes out of my day to take photos at different angles or of different textures around my house.

I was recently going through my photo collection before archiving and found a few that I really love and which inspire me to push myself further with composition, colour and subject matter.


The slight golden light that only Autumn has with a late afternoon hazy sky.



Large and small footprints in the first snow of the season.


 
Imperfect pumpkins with odd growths has such an interesting texture.



Our neighbour's cat, who I like to call stalker-cat, sits in the window and gives me crazy eyes.



Of course I threw in a picture of one of my kids, but at a different angle.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...