Pages

Thursday, December 13, 2012

Thursday's Collection

Before the decorations


I've been making my weekly loaves of bread from this recipe for over a year. I've made my own small adjustments like substituting some white for whole grain flour and leaving out the slashes and extra butter.

I'm participating in Anika's Patterns a day project for December. Follow my progress here.

Continuing in my desire to make more our food myself, I made my own tomato sauce.

I'm starting to think about my garden next year. I'll be giving this method a try to jump start the seedlings outdoors. via OnePlusOneStones

jeannine

.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Jeannine!



    You just inspired me to make some bread. I use this recipe http://simplysogood.blogspot.com.au/2010/03/crusty-bread.html as it has seemed foolproof for me (other times my dough refused to rise). I wanted to do the patterns too but haven't made it happen. Maybe I'll do 31 on the last day of the year. haha Wishing you a very happy holiday season!
    xo kimi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you are going to try winter sowing! I don't know if you've heard of Niki Jabbour, but you may want to check out her blog too: http://yearroundveggiegardener.blogspot.ca/. She gardens year round in Nova Scotia, growing micro greens during the winter months. I have heard of some people in Calgary having success with her techniques. I bet you would too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That recipe looks delicious! I may have to give it a try. Anika is continuing a pattern a day in January if want to give it a try this month.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for that link, Barbara! I'm going to give it a more thorough read soon. I can foresee gardening year-round in a few years. For now I need a wee rest from the soil and the soil needs a rest and rejuvenation.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...