Pages

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

RED

If you were to throw crayons at me and tell me to pick five and that was all I could ever use I would chose blue, green, black, brown and white. My house is painted in shades of blue, green, brown and cream. A few weeks ago I was rummaging through my art pieces from college, looking for a few pieces to frame. [[ Four years into living in our first house and there are still a LOT of blank walls ]] Most of the art also falls into those five colour choices. Where is the yellow, the orange, the RED?

As my garden blooms throughout the season, my colour crutches are also apparent. I have many shades of green with white and purple blooms. Last year I needed to fill in a few spots and bought a few cheap plants late into the season. Two of these were poppies.  This year they bloomed and the intensity of their colour made my heart flutter. Hey now, red isn't jarring and too intense. It's actually quite lovely.

A perky and delicate Poppy




Inside the red is the deepest purple


  From green to red

I have a new art/design project coming up. It's my first non-child related art project I've had since having Eva. Maybe I'll leave my comfort zone a little and use some red.

2 comments:

  1. You must be remembering the California poppies we had in MHat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You must be remembering the California poppies we had in MHat.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...