Pages

Saturday, December 18, 2010

2009 & 2010 Christmas Cards

I originally wanted to post a retrospective of all the cards I've done since around 2001 but that entails digging out my old Mac that may or may not be packed, locating my files (uh, and perhaps backing them up while I'm at it) and copying, etc. etc. I'm usually more organized but I'm going to blame this on having two instead of one child and being in the early stages of moving. My husband just read this and said "uh, huh....." Ok, fine. AND I procrastinate.

Anyhoo... Let's start with what I happen to have on my laptop at the moment. 2009 and 2010 cards!

I had a lot more time to create my 2009 card. The sweet angel on the top of the card was still in daycare and I was on mat leave. I wanted to do something cute, a little campy and a combination of illustration and photography. The only irony of the card is that I made my little girl an angel. She was two at the time and I don't think I need to explain this point any further.

 

Christmas 2009. 8.5 months pregnant at the time so Mrs. Claus opted for head shots only.


I applaud anyone who can get a normal looking full family picture without using a professional photographer and tranquilizers. My family does not fall into that category. Some of the best (or only available) head shots of each person in a hand drawn frame over a scan of a watercolour piece I painted.


Christmas 2010. Merry Christmas mug shots with bows.

If I don't put the others up before Christmas I will post them shortly after. This is the first of several posts on card designs I plan on doing. I have some birth announcements and wedding invites in my archives.

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!!

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...