Pages

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Handmade Gifts Part 1

Seed Packets


Shelling Peas


False Indigo


At the end of each holiday season I resolve to start making my gift list as soon as possible and finish shopping in the summer. By Halloween I realize I forgot to make said list and panic while cursing my unorganized habits. This year was much the same (why break with tradition, right?) with one small change -- I made a few of our gifts.

The first handmade gift was seed sharing. I successfully saved a large envelope full of shelling peas and I still have a jar full of seeds from my gorgeous False Indigo plant from Ottawa. I dusted off my InDesign software and combined a sketch of the plant with some well set type. I printed it onto heavy kraft paper and used a seed packet template I found online.

Did you make any of your Christmas gifts this year? Please share in the comments, I'd love to see them.


The next Handmade Gifts post will be about the bath product I made using a locally sourced treasure.

jeannine

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...