Pages

Monday, January 21, 2013

Mail Art: Hand Painted and a Poem

This is a long overdue post about the packages I sent to my very patient friends since this past summer. I see that I am in need of another session in the studio putting together envelopes with art, images and letters.

To Barbara

Barbara received my first of several hand painted envelopes. Inside was a collection of pictures and handmade treats.

To Kimi

Kimi received another hand painted envelope and a hand painted card along with pictures, a postcard and stickers.

To Sumi

Sumi received a sketch on handmade paper which shares a similar colour tone with the photos. Gold letter, hand painted and space stickers rounded off the package.

Lucky Jack Press - Trade

Marcus opened a package to find our next trade. A BC sunset and two pressed sweet pea blossoms along with a painted cardboard postcard. At the time our prolonged summer was coming to an end and we were about to hit 80 days without a drop of rain. A few days later it began to rain with a vengeance.  I found a beautiful quote online and created an illustration to match.

The rain began again.
It fell heavily,
easily,
with no meaning or intention
but the fulfilment
of its own nature,
which was to fall
and fall.
- Helen Garner

.

3 comments:

  1. I adore those painted envelopes. And that beautiful painted postcard that Marcus got is incredible

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything in this post is lovely, but I especially love the painted postcard at the bottom of the post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Tricia! I'm really enjoying all of the patterns you're making, lately.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...