Pages

Monday, May 9, 2011

Sketchbook Project 2012 - The Arrival

One of the things that fills me with joy and excitement is a fresh sketchbook. It holds so much promise as to what will fill its pages. The sheets are clean and crisp and (maybe it's just me sniffing books) it smells SO GOOD!

I have joined the 2012 Arthouse Coop's Sketchbook Project and my sketchbook arrived just the other day. I had so much fun on the last one and met some really wonderful people so it was a no-brainer decision to participate again this year. I've signed up a lot earlier than last year so it actually feels as though I only just stuffed the last one in an envelope. I'm wondering if this extended period of time will result in procrastination or more experimentation. 


Before it is touched it is so thin, sleek and perfect. 2011 on the left and 2012 on the right.


I chose the subject "Ask me how I can help" because it jumped out at me. At the time I was thinking of an idea for a zine or a small series of illustrations along that subject matter. I have been jotting down ideas as I think of them and I think I'll be including some patterns from stamps I've been working on lately. I'll be documenting my progress on this blog as I did with the last one.

One of the most exciting details is that the tour will be making a stop in VANCOUVER! Since I live in the Victoria area I think a road trip will be in order... and perhaps a meetup of some Western Canadian Sketchbook alumni.

Let me know if you've signed up, I'd love to follow your progress.

... J

4 comments:

  1. i also love new sketchbooks--so much potential & anything could happen! I really look forward to seeing your progress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm doing the project again this year and am hoping to book makes it this time!!! my book arrived the other day, but will do a blog post about it and my plans soon :D excited that we can share and connect over our sketchbook adventures again

    ReplyDelete
  3. g'day, my barcoded book just arrived in the mail today
    no time for procrastination now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's fantastic news! It's a great project, you'll love it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...