Pages

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Collaboration: Around the World Journal

Jessica Mack at Brown Paper Bunny put together a sketchbook that is traveling around the world. I asked to be included in this art project and just mailed it off to its next destination.

This may be my first contribution to a collaborative journal. I'm wracking my brain, but I can't think of another example. It was a fun process and I'll definitely sign up for another one if it comes my way. I enjoyed seeing and touching what the other artists had contributed. Jessica has kept an up-to-date page on her site so you can view each artist's work. Speaking of which, here's what I put together:



Jessica's cover of the hand bound coptic sketchbook made to look like an air mail envelope.


My bio page with a bit about me, my preferred art mediums, where I'd love to travel to and my contact information. I chose a fireworks Canadian stamp which worked well as I was working on this around Canada Day.

 
My spread was formed from my ideas on how mail connects us through cities and over mountains. I used watercolour and painted sheets from a magazine to form the buildings and mountains.


On my last allotted page I drew a postcard and affixed one of my vintage stamps.


The final page is where each individual pastes a few stamps. I chose three blue Canadian stamps.


It looks as though Jessica is going to have an amazing sketchbook once it's filled. I'm eager to see what all the other artist will contribute!

... J

6 comments:

  1. The idea and the consistent theme in the project are awesome! :)
    And I really love your collage & watercolor city, it sorta looks like the way I envision email and SMS working. X)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely project! I'm very impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this is so cool! such a great idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jess @ Brown Paper BunnyJuly 13, 2011 at 4:26 PM

    This is so great, I love your entries!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the cityscape...and the connection theme!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Christa SunderlandJuly 14, 2011 at 5:47 AM

    Sounds like fun and love what you added to it :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...