Pages

Friday, July 22, 2011

Dad's Creatures

I was cleaning out my email account the other day and I noticed that my Dad had been sending me several, very interesting, creatures that he had found around his house. I was also looking for something to paint so this rediscovery came at the perfect time.

I've completed one watercolour so far with several others lined up for this small series.



My caterpillar watercolour.


Dad's original photograph.

I think I may try a moth next which may or may not be the by-product of this creepy little fellow.

... J

3 comments:

  1. Just found a Mourning Cloak butterfly drying its wings after emerging from its chrysalis. It's the caterpillar above, transformed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work..and I love the creature photograph too! I wish I could find a cool caterpillar like this to photograph :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christa SunderlandJuly 24, 2011 at 8:02 AM

    Great work!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...